TomTom just introduced what they call a ‘PRO’ series designed for the mobile workforce. The first two models in the series are TomTom PRO 4000 and TomTom PRO 8000 which will cost $330 and $460 respectively.
As far as hardware there’s no difference from the non-pro models. The main difference comes in software and customer service.
- Extended two-year limited product warranty, the longest product warranty offered by TomTom.
- Menu lock option that eliminates distractions and fosters safe driving
- Premium ruggedized sleeve for added durability and protection
- One free map update to be used within 12 months of first use
- Dedicated PRO customer service telephone line
- PIN lock to protect sensitive information
Difference between PRO 4000 and PRO 8000 is that PRO 8000 also comes with IQ Routes which plans the best route based on actual average drive times, Advanced Lane Guidance, Voice Address Input and Bluetooth handsfree calling.