Raytel – the American partner of German Funkwerk – will be showcasing the EGO Drive at CES 2008 next month in Vegas. This GPS navigator has a great design and comes with a remote controller knob that makes sure you keep your eyes on the road the whole time.
EGO Drive offers 3D maps, bluetooth capability for hands free calls, and a sharp 4.3″ touch screen that comes with a stylus. Ego Drive is a high end device and the features offered prove it. The on-board text-to-speech engine reads out your text messages for you, and it even has a light-sensor to adjust the illumination of the screen. It has internal memory – but in addition it supports SD cards up to 2GB.
Here are features offered just for the bluetooth function:
- Voice recognition (speech-to-text, no training required)
- Complies with all hands-free laws
- Integrates and mutes car’s stereo system
- Supports all Bluetooth mobile phone voice commands
- DSP technology for noise and echo suppression
- Reads out text messages (SMS text-to-speech)
- Shows text and picture messages (SMS and MMS)
- Accommodates up to 10 different user profiles
- audio streaming (A2DP and AVRCP)
We have no information on pricing just yet. We’ll keep you posted.
UPDATE: Well the PR people for EGO Drive got in touch with us and this is what they wanted to share with us:
EGO DRIVE is priced at $799 and will be available late Feb/early March ’08.