Asus’ new R600 GPS navigation device just recently made it through FCC, getting one step closer to being released in the U.S. Asus is aiming at the mid-high range GPS market with this device with features like a light sensor that will automatically adjust the LCD backlight to enhance viewing, bluetooth connectivity to make and receive hands free calls, and a large 4.3″ touch screen.
Asus is also flexing their muscles with a 2200mAh Li-Ion battery and an SD slot that can support up to 4GB where as most other sat nav systems out there can only support 2GB for expansion.
Here is the full set of specs:
- OS: MS Windows CE .Net 5.0
- CPU:Samsung 400MHz
- Display:4.3″ 65K TFT with Touchscreen 480 x 272 Pixels (WQVGA)
- Memory:128MB Flash ROM, 64 MB SDRAM
- GPS: Built-in SiRF starIII chip
- Expansion Slots: SD Slot, up to 4 GB
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0 Handsfree
- Dimensions:142 x 83 x 18mm, 260g
- Battery/Working time: 2200 mAh, (6 hours working time)
- MP3 player, Video player, Photo Viewer
- Supports Light sensor
- Optional TMC module
However we still have no information on pricing.