Bose just announced a new in-dash infotainment system that also includes a GPS navigation system. Nothing seems to extravagant for this media system but when Bose do stuff they seem to do it right.
It looks engineers at Bose spend some time fine tuning the user interface with the Media System:
Reach for the far knob: The system senses your hand and the interface smoothly changes, displaying only the most relevant information and removing the rest.
uMusic Intelligent Playback System
As songs play from the system’s hard drive, you can press a single button to identify those that fit your mood. The uMusic® system continually learns and responds, playing music you want to hear.
Some of the other highlights is the capacity to hold 200 hours worth of music in its HDD based memory, iPod connection, and bluetooth support.
Here is the full list of the features:
- Customized 5.1-channel surround sound Bose audio system
- FM / AM broadcast radio
- XM satellite radio
- Multi-format disc player
- uMusic intelligent playback system
- 200 hours hard-drive capacity
- Navigation system
- Bluetooth device scanning and pairing
- iPod connectivity, with access via system display
- USB 2.0 input for portable media