After releasing the LN700 and LN600 the Korean manufacturer now will launch a new range of PND: LN500. Contrary to the LN700 and its predecessor, the LN600, both with a large screen (4 inches), the LN 500 will have a screen of standard size: 3.5 inches. This new GPS comes to supplement the LN700 and positions itself in the entry range. It is small and light, with a design sympathetic and less bulky than his big brother. Especially the GPS antenna is from now on integrated not fold-out style. Another innovation, its ROM memory of 512 MB in order to store maps of France. For navigation software LG uses Destinator 6
Its main features:
- Integrated SiRF Star III GPS receiver with integrated antenna
- 3.5 inches touch screen 65K colors with 240 x 320 resolution
- Atlas ARM9 processor at 300 MHz
- 512 MB of ROM
- SD port
- Mini USB 1.1
- 2 to 3 hours of battery life
- Weight : 170 gr. approximately
- 3 buttons in fronte including 2 to control volume
- Windows CE.net 5 operating system
- Destinator 6 navigation software with Navteq maps
- Photo viewer (BMP, GIF, JPG)
Several versions of LN500 (LN505, LN510, LN515…) are predicted but to date, but only the LN505 will be marketed in France. It will be shipped with maps of France preinstalled on the integrated ROM memory. Also a CD with countries of Europe is included if installation is necessary.
The LN505 will be marketed in France during January for 250 Euros.