Nov 17, 2006 gps navigation
As the holiday season is approaching more and more companies are introducing affordable GPS navigation systems. AA Navigator Vive! from the UK is one of them and it only costs £150 ($280). The device comes pre-installed with maps of UK and Ireland on its internal memory, which means no SD cards or CD’s involved. But don’t worry, you still get the SD/MMC slot for feature expansion.
The software on the AA Navigator Vive! has something called an Easy Mode which accepts seven-digit postcodes, towns or POIs in three simple steps, to any destination. When you purchase this system you also get six months free speed camera and software updates which includes all six UK speed camera types: Gatso, SPECS, Truvelo, mobile, temporary and red-light.
- Processor: Centrality Atlas II 300MHz
- GPS: Centrality GPS Receiver
- Memory: 256 MB Flash ROM 64MB SDRAM
- Expansion Slot: SD/MMC up to 2GB
- Display: 3.5″ 65K Colour TFT LCD LED Backlight
- Touch Screen: Resistive Type Touch Panel
- Battery: Internal Rechargeable Lithium Ion 1320mAh, 3 Hours Navigation
- Physical Specs: 95 x 73 x 21 mm, 170g
If you choose you can pay £100 more and get (in addition to what we just talked about) a 1 GB SD card covering Western Europe that you can just pop in your Vive! and enjoy your trip to Europe.