Aug 16, 2006 gps navigation
The makers of speed camera and radar detectors, Talex, jumped into the GPS navigation market with their spankin’ new Transonic PNA 6000 and 6000T. PNA 6000 for only £250 and 6000T for £300 these may seem like entry level systems but in reality they packs all the features that the big names have. Both run Windows CE 4.2 core with a Samsun 2440, 300 MHz processor and come with 64MB of RAM and 32MB of ROM. The screen meaures 3.5″ diagonal and the dimensions of the unit are: 107.5mm x 70mm x 20mm. They both use the -now almost standard- SiRF Star III GPS chipset and weigh around 200 grams.
Embedded TMC module is standard in both but with the 6000T model you’ll get free lifetime dynamic traffic updates via the traffic master network through local radio stations (aka TMC). In the box you’ll get car charger, SD Card, and a USB synchronization cable.
- 3.5″ color LCD touch screen with integrated stylus.
- 5 Digit postcode lookup
- Map coverage UK & Ireland with optional European Maps
- 2D or 3D navigation mode
- Comprehensive POI database
- Estimates distance and time of arrival
- Displays compass and accurate vehicle speed
- Voice based turn by turn navigation
- Speed sensitive map display. Giving road detail when needed