E-Ten just announced G500+, a GPS integrated pocket-PC phone with an increased memory size of 256MB, so that you can carry more files with you without needing an additional card, freeing up the SD slot for other uses.
The E-Ten successfully integrates the functions of a modern cell phone where you can make and receive calls and text messages from around the world thanks to its quad-band GSM and GPRS support. Another different feature from the older G500 model is the integrated FM radio which has RDS (radio data system) capabilities.
Another unique feature of E-Ten is that it comes with software to enhance its GPS function which can cut the TTFF time buy about 10 – 20 seconds. For this feature E-Ten needs Satellite Data Update for which they rely on their own servers. They also have an SMS application which allows a user’s GPS coordinates to be sent to any SMS enabled phone at the touch of a button aiding the rapid response of emergency services in a critical situation.
The E-Ten has an impressive list of features:
- Windows Mobile™ 5.0 software for Pocket PCs
- Mini SD card slot
- Embedded SiRF Star III chipset, TMC function supported where available
- GSM quad-band (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Built-in 1.3 megapixels digital camera with 4x zoom function.
- Video recording
- Built-in Bluetooth® v2.0
- Messaging functionality includes MMS, SMS, email and MSN® Messenger
- Internet browsing
- Multimedia features (AMR, AWB, MIDI, MMF, RMI, AAC, 3GP, AVI)
- Speakerphone and voice recorder
- Voice command* (*depends on region)
- Full email support (IMAP/POP3)
For a the full list visit E-Ten G500+.