This thing’s probably not legal in the UK, or many states in the US, like California, but Polaroid has combined a GPS Nav system with a DVD Player.
The Navigation itself isn’t anything out of the ordinary. It uses the Sirf Star III GPS Processor and has a touchscreen interface. But, the 5.6” screen allows you to watch The Fast and The Furious while you’re barreling down the 101 at 5 miles an hour.
Also, the system has a built-in FM transmitter, so that means you can listen to the audio from your movie through your car’s speakers. However, you can’t listen to music and this at the same time, unlike in-dash navigation systems.
Available at Target.
- Pre-loaded detailed maps of the United States including Hawaii, and Canada
- Rotary knob makes navigation of menus and other functions quick and easy
- Large 5.6” TFT LCD with easy touch-screen operation;High-brightness display is easy to read even in sunlight
- Display backlight dims automatically during nighttime use
- 1.6 million points of interest
- Visual and audible navigation prompts with user-selectable languages for voice and text provide clear turn-by-turn directions
- Send audio to the car stereo system through the built-in FM wireless transmitter
- WAAS-enabled 12-channel GPS for pinpoint accuracy
- View maps in 2D and 3D perspectives
- Auto route recalculation if you change your route; Built-in antenna and external antenna
- Sirf Star III GPS processor
- Built-in compass, speedometer and altimeter
- Zoom in/out